There has been a hotline launched today called the Honest and Open Election hotline to help citizens learn the location of polling places, as well as report any instances of irregularities at the polls - including voter fraud, intimidation, violence and electioneering.
The hotline can be reached at 1.866.976.VOTE (1.866.976.8683).
The mission is as follows:
- Every eligible citizen has the right to vote and have his or her vote counted.
- No qualified voter should have his or her vote canceled or diluted by illegal votes.
- Election officials should take necessary steps well in advance of the election to ensure that voting is orderly, efficient, and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Experience has shown that careful, advance planning that anticipates and addresses potential problems on Election Day will substantially reduce problems on Election Day.
- Election officials and campaigns should have zero tolerance for voter intimidation or discrimination in the election process based on age, sex, race, disability, political affiliation, or other categories unrelated to voter eligibility.
- Election officials and campaigns should have zero tolerance for fraud.
And yes, this is being sponsored by the McCain Camp however, the Obama Camp learned of this and sent a nice letter back to the McCain Camp of their opinion of it as saying in the past the GOP has used tactics to intimidate voters into voting Republican and that if the McCain camp instead of perhaps jumping on the bandwagon to help man phones to ensure representation across the board.. but noooo, in typical Obama "slamfest" fashion their reply was....
"[If your] concern truly lies with 'Honest and Open Election', then your work is properly and effectively begins at home -- with the Republican operatives who are planning and running these suppressive programs and who are being directed in these activities by the same national McCain and party leadership that recruited you to this "Committee".
The Obama camp sure does have a smart way with words, don't ya think? Not even thinking about how many times Obama supporters have harassed or assaulted McCain supporters, or how the average McCain supporter on the street is treated by Obama supporters, or by the possibility of Obama supporters intimidating or threatening McCain supporters at polling places... not to mention if Obama doesn't win...... can you say Martial Law boys and girls? Obama Camp, don't you think you should be preaching to your own supporters about violence against McCain supporters? Oh and no addressing of the ACORN issue?
Oh and Obama Camp, GOT PROOF of your accusations against the current GOP? My fax line is OPEN!
I can't HEAR you... hypocrites....