So quick question to think about while watching the below video from 2000 first before we get to 2009. The man in the middle, when the spread asks “Who here supports Hezbollah” does it not seem that the man in the middle raises his hands, not once, not twice, not three times, not four times, not five times, but six times to show his support for Hezbollah in this October 2000 video? And also, what do you hear from the crowd? Do you hear support or laughter?
The rally in 2000 was to mark the second Palestinian Intifada. The man speaking is Islamist leader Abdurraham Alamoudi who was the founder and executive director of the American Muslim Council, who at this rally announced his support for Hezbollah. He was convicted in 2007 as a “major player in the financial support of terrorist” and was sentenced to 23 years in prison.
Well, the man in the video is Mahdi Bray. After media attention on the above video, Bray claimed he was just having a bit of fun, and not approving Alamoudi’s words in a Northern Virginia Daily news article.
The majority of the people they were kind of raising their hands, and kind of cheering, and so on because this was so uncharacteristic of al-Amoundi. We didn’t know he had a problem with law enforcement. He was considered the pillar of the American Muslim community.
You saw me pumping my fists. You didn’t see me raising my hands. If they had shown the audience, you would have seen people in the audience raising their hands and falling out laughing. For him to come and make these kinds of radical rants, no one took him seriously.
Mahdi Bray has worked with International ANSWER, a group who has recently organized over 50 Anti-Israel protests in the United States in the past week, a group who was founded by members of the Workers World Party (WWP) and members of the Party for Socialism and Liberation(PSL). I recently blogged about ANSWER who has been accused for a few years of anti-Semitism, and supporting Hezbollah and Hamas.
Bray is also involved with:
- Muslim American Society – Executive Director. Group has been reported to be a front group for the Muslim Brotherhood.
- National Coalition to Protect Political Freedom – Founding Board Member. Group has been reported to have lobbied and litigated against U.S. counter-terrorism laws, provided legal counsel to terror suspects, and works to overturn terrorist convictions.
- American Muslim Council (AMC)– Advisory Board. This groups claims to fame are, The Chairman of this group was imprisoned for terror-related convictions in 2003. AMC was a part of the National Coalition to Protect Political Freedom. AMC created the National Islamic Prison Foundation below. AMC was a longtime supporter of Sudan’s National Islamic Front, which was and still is on the State Dept.’s list of terrorist organizations.
- Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC)– Advisory Board. Formed a coalition to repeal and amend the Patriot Act. MPAC asserts that Hezbollah “could be called a liberation movement.” Found and executive director Salam AL-Marayati justified the existence of Hamas as a political entity and a provider of social programs and “educational operations”. MPAC justified the 1983 bombing of the American Marine barracks in Lebanon as a “military operation” rather than a terrorist attack. Claims Israel was established by terrorism and that they are the “worst terrorists in the world.” And a lot more.
- Interfaith Alliance Foundation – Advisory Board
- Coordinating Council of Muslim Organizations – President
- National Islamic Prison Foundation (NIPF) – Head. Created by American Muslim Council. A Saudi-supported outreach program seeking to convert US prison inmates to the Islamic faith. Tells them when they are released from prison, they will be able to find food and shelter, as well as assistance in finding employment, in virtually any mosque or masjid. The indoctrination of American inmates is a strategy described in al Qaeda training manuals.
- Imam Jamil Defense Fund – National Mobilization Chairman. Organization provides legal aid for Jamil Abudullah Al-Amin (aka H. Rap Brown), who was twice on the FBI’s “Ten Most Wanted Fugitivies” list and is now serving a life sentence for murdering a police officer.
- “The Crescent Report” – Host of the Muslim-oriented radio talk show, sponsored by Wahhabi Saudi Arabia.
- “Activist Training Seminars” – A project of his whose objective is to train at least 1,000 people in the “skills necessary for effective activism.”
- Lots more damming information at “When Islamists Get Caught: MAS Edition”, “Leader of Muslim Brotherhood Front Group Appointed to Virginia Commission on Immigration”, “The Mendacity of MAS”
Muslim American Society and ANSWER Anti-Israel Protest in Washington
This protest was held this past Friday at the Israeli Embassy in Washington and then headed to the Egyptian Embassy. Brian Becker, who heads ANSWER also made an appearance which can be seen in video 3 below.
These crimes could not be committed [against Gaza by Israel] and would not be committed without the explicit consent and support and financing provided by the Bush Administration. And so in that sense we are here to say, that this is a US backed Israeli atrocity and justice demands that the United States Government cut all aid to Israel today, otherwise and because of it the US is guilty of war crimes too.
[Oh okay, so I guess it didn’t matter that Bush just gave $85 MILLION dollars to the UN for Gaza and the West Bank right? No aid for Israel, no aid for Gaza. An eye for an eye.]
Bray, meanwhile, had to say, “We’re here to say the violence must stop.” “And we’re here to say that there must be a ceasefire, a truce and that basically the sanctity of life is important.” He also had to say in one of the videos, that the people were there to represent the Muslims. [Wait, isn’t this SUPPOSE to be anti-war, and not about anti-Semitism?]
Once again, just that, kind of a layout of what we want to do here today.
First of all, we’re here to protest the occupation of Palestine. We’re here to protest the slaughter in Gaza. We’re here to protest the 18 months of siege that has taken place in Gaza, before the bombs dropped, people were dying because they couldn’t get food, medicine, medical attention, clean drinking water, etc. So, that’s why we’re here.
[Sure, I’ve given my own terms for a ceasefire and truce. Gaza stays the way it is, Israel stays the way it is. However, if a rocket comes from Gaza into Israel, that means that Israel can send a Hellfire missile back across to Gaza. If two rockets come from Gaza, then two Hellfire missiles go back across to Gaza. Fair deal. But if Iran sends anything over to Israel, then that’s a whole different ballgame.]
One angry protestor spoke against Barack Obama wanting to know why he was silent and why he wasn’t president now. But pointed out when Georgia was attacked by Russian, Obama spoke on that issue against Russia. That Obama doesn’t seem to represent “Change”.
And that “President Obama, despite all he said on television, that is illegal. That is immoral. That is inhuman. And reason for him to make a decision now.” And additionally said that Obama is a subservient to the current Administration.
[Can be seen and heard in the first video below. Obama has in the past stated that Israel has the right to defend itself. And obviously, these protestors want the United States to start a war with Israel. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. If these people want help to defend Gaza, then they can just take the next plane over there, and join Hamas. But instead, they choose to stay safely here, and whine, instead of paying homage to their country, and serve the country they seem to show more allegiance to than the United States.]
And remember ladies, gentlemen and kiddies, I’m not Jewish, I’m not Muslim, and I’m not Christian. I don’t look at a person by their sex, their race or their religion. I look at a person by their actions. And all I see are anti-Israeli hypocrites in these protests. It was okay when Hamas was sending rockets across the border and killing civilians and children in Israel. It was okay when bombs were set off near schools and school buses in Israel. But now, the tables turned, and the bullied becomes the bully. An eye for an eye.